Thursday, September 07, 2006

"Image is Everything"

Thought you might like this article, which was the lead article in today's Boston Globe Style section:

http://www.boston.com/yourlife/fashion/articles/2006/09/07/primary_colors/


Sorry I can't post much right now, and nor, for that matter, can I think of a THING to wear in this damned transitional season! I changed three times today because I felt fat and hideous and hot in everything.

During a pastoral call yesterday to a woman whose life is in turmoil right now, she said, "What a beautiful skirt. Is that a teaching outfit?"
"No," I said. "It's a coming to see you outfit."
"That's a very becoming skirt," quoth she. And I didn't think of this until just now, but how sweet is that??? In the midst of true life disaster, you have to love that the average woman is still going to be digging a cute skirt. Life goes on. If you can notice your minister's skirt, you're clinging to some modicum of normal life.

This is totally off topic but I just have to tell you, because I'm too lazy to post it on PeaceBang:
Another parishioner of mine wound up at the hospital for a few days unexpectedly and didn't have time to make arrangements for her new kitty, so I drove over to make sure the little thing wasn't dead and -- non-cat people can tune out now -- she was a TORTOISE SHELL SHORT-HAIR WITH BIG POINTY FOX EARS AND HUGE PAWS WITH EXTRA TOES!!!!! Her name is Lil. I am in love.

That was the good thing that happened today. Lady Death danced off with one of our most beloved elders, and that was the most hole-making thing.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Di said...

The cat this is fantastic. I have a similar weakness for those with orange stripes, can totally understand this. Awesome surprise.

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home