Tuesday, September 05, 2006

PeaceBang's Products Thumbs Down

Halo Shampoo and Conditioner were terrible products for my fine, thick, wavy, colored hair, although they say all kinds of worshipful things about it here:

http://www.sleekhair.com/haircare-halo.html

And while you're at it, don't bother with the L'Oreal Illumination loose eye shadow that comes in the cunning little jar with its own brush. It's a mess, it gets everywhere but your eyelid, and the brush is worthless.

I'm also not sold on Stila gel cheek color. Maybe when my skin is paler than it is now, I will actually be able to tell I'm wearing it. As of now, I have to use two or three applications and I still can't see it on my face. My fingers, however, look nice and rosy.

Always willing to suffer for my readers! Any other bloopers out there? Let us know in the comments!

5 Comments:

Blogger Berrysmom said...

I had an unplanned pastoral appearance to make during my vacation, and had to buy some emergency mascara at a CVS in Maine. (Fortunately I had ONE skirt and blouse with me, but no makeup at all, just moisturizer and sunscreen.)

So I got some L'Oreal mascara (can't remember exactly what it was) which was supposed to "thicken" my lashes. Good grief, I looked like Tammy Faye Baker! It was horrible! Oh well, $7 into the trash can.

9:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you have any suggestions for good anti-perspirants/deodorants for women or other tips for preventing embarrasing sweat while in the public eye?

3:47 PM  
Blogger 111 said...

loreal HIP eyeliner. the high intensity pigment stays everywhere but on your lashes... you will definately look like a racoon before you even leave the house! and for 'anonymous', the new dove ultra invisible is a very nice deoderant - does the job, and true to it's name, doesn't leave smudgies

7:05 PM  
Blogger 111 said...

berrysmom probably used loreal 'shocking volume' - a product i quite like...but it is not everyday mascara, but only to be used sparingly when you get to leave the pastoral role behind and put your dancing shoes on!

the almay mascara's are very nice, wearable 'everyday' products.

7:07 PM  
Blogger Psalmist said...

Anonymous, I have used Mitchum unscented roll-on for years, after trying everything else on the market. White stuff is minimal (it still leaves a little if you're not careful), and it works like a charm *for me.* I still had both wetness and a little odor by the end of the day no matter what else I tried. Every so often I try something new, but always come back to Mitchum. Very occasionally there's a bit of dampness on the hottest days if I'm outside a lot, but not often. Otherwise, I don't have to worry a bit. (No, they're not paying me for an endorsement!)

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home