Thursday, June 29, 2006

The Prairie Babe School

Here's a dear colleague from Michigan who belongs in the category of "Prairie Clergy Babe." She's got the cute little specs, the lush hair pulled casually back, and she's got some COLOR underneath her suit. She has two little kids at home so PeaceBang personally thinks it's a marvel that she can put herself together at all. She's funny and wise and has a great speaking voice ( a thing of beauty all in itself):

Prairie Babe

I might have buttoned the bottom buttons of her blouse or added a slim belt and some longer earrings, but I think this is a nice, approachable look.

But darlings: do check your rear view before you leave your hotel room. I spotted a snag in the butt of this lovely woman's skirt and was able to do triage for her right then and there, which she appreciated. It could have caught on something and left her utterly unraveled!

I would not, however, recommend doing Butt Snag Triage for people you're not real close to. I travel with a teeny tiny jackknife/scissors combo for just that kind of exigency, which I would like to have you know was CONFISCATED JUST TODAY AT CHICAGO O'HARE AIRPORT. All I'm trying to do is keep my friends from walking around with egregious butt snags in their skirts and I'm accused of being a threat to national security.

There is no rest for the weary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home