Saturday, August 05, 2006

Facials and Office Touch-Up Kits

Two inquiries have come to PeaceBang, both of which she feels she can answer fairly quickly.

1. About facials:

I like Aveda products and personally use both their moisturizing masque and their tourmaline clay mask. Both work beautifully on my sensitive skin, and they're made of good ingredients. I use a mask at least weekly in the summer, since my skin gets more grimy and oily. I also make sure to exfoliate twice a week with Origins new-ish polishing product, which I think is called either Turn Around or New Beginnings, except that those might be old Chicago tunes. I think I'm confused. I'll look upstairs later.

I have written about these in the past, and about the Stonecrop Masque I adore.

Maybe someone will take pity on me and go through all these entries and categorize them. Could someone do that for me? I don't know how and I don't have the energy for it.

Before giving yourself a facial, wash your face of surface impurities. Put the facial product on your face, making sure you work it up into your hairline and over your neck and chest. Don't relax in the tub, as the thing won't dry as effectively. Relax in a cool place and close your eyes, and rub it off with a soft, CLEAN washcloth.

Do remember to launder your washcloths and towels regularly in the summer. They can get so especially moldy this time of year, since they don't dry properly.
Change your pillowcases often enough, too, and keep your hands away from your face.

2. Office Touch Up Kit

A dear and beautiful colleague and reader of this blog asks what key items we should keep in the office for emergencies and touch-ups. She lists such items as mouthwash and a sewing kit. I don't get that elaborate because I live down the block and can always run home if I rip the seat of my pants or have stinky breath. But I do keep floss, lipstick, hand sanitizer, a powder compact, breath mints, a lint roller, and No-Static spray at the office. A spare pair of pantyhose isn't a bad idea, either.

In my PURSE make-up bag, I carry a compact, blush, eyeliner, Advil, lipgloss, Purell hand sanitizer, tea tree dental piks, feminine items for emergencies, a tiny vial of my perfume, eyeglass wipers, a few barrettes, antacids and Lomotil (anti-diarrheal) in the side pocket, an eyebrow pencil, and safety pins.

And you wonder why my purse weighs so much!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear PeaceBang,

I'd be happy to help you get set up with technology that will make things like categories incredibly easy. Give me a shout (dylan [at] sarahlaughed.net) if you'd like. BTW, as luck would have it, my honey and I just moved from Maryland to Cambridge, MA!

Blessings,

Dylan

8:58 AM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Scoots, I would love to have you help but you know how I need to SEE things in front of me -- or to stay in the kitchen eating snacks while you do all the work on the computer. (hey, I'll make sweet tea and make encouraging noises)

I get all upset when I think of trying to do this long distance. My head explodes.

Dylan, maybe you're my woman, being close at hand and all.
Drop me a line at lunadiva@msn.com and let me know when you get settled in C'bridge.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home