Monday, September 11, 2006

Aloe Vera As Deoderant

Hello Possums!

Remember the writer who wrote in with body odor issues?

I just discovered the strangest thing:
Aloe vera gel works as an anti-perspirant and deoderant for me.

Here's how I know.
I was getting very itchy armpits because of, I assume, a combination of shaving and using harsh chemical deody-o. A few days ago I wasn't going anywhere more strenuous than to the grocery store, so I showered and applied aloe vera gel to my armpits.

I noticed that evening that I was fresh as a derned daisy.

I tried it again the next day when I had more running around to do and again, no odor, no wetness. How strange!

Sunday was the big test: Homecoming Sunday, our big service of ingathering after a summer of intimate, lay led services. I again used nothing but aloe vera, and a liberal dose of powder all over my legs and torso to keep from dying under my preaching robe.

Once again, and I swear my sense of smell is quite acute, the aloe vera gel worked wonders! I got home after a huge morning and afternoon at church and was absolutely fine in the underarm department.

Could this be the end of my relationship with Mitchum?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

Nature is wonderful!

11:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, anything would be better for skin than Mitchum.

One tip for the hot summer days, which will come around again. After a shower, slather alcohol-based disinfectant on your feet. The alcohol evaporates very quickly, so it actually serves to dry feet between toes before you put on shoes. Disinfects. Sweet.

2:09 AM  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

I tried the aloe vera gel thing today, and it worked for me!

8:56 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

It's totally amazing! Me too! And I had a full, busy day!

9:06 PM  
Blogger Psalmist said...

I'm going to try this! Even though I've never had the irritation problem that some have, Mitchum's one of the most expensive AP/DO products. Aloe Vera gel is bound to be a whole lot less expensive! Bet it doesn't leave any white smears, either! Thanks, PB!

10:58 PM  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

No white residue at all, psalmist. In fact, that is a big reason why I’m so happy to have learned this. Being brown skinned, the white flakies from even so-called “invisible” and “clear” APs still showed up under my arms. Annoying!!! Not so with aloe vera gel!

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home