Monday, November 06, 2006

Rev. Gets Revved-Up By Revver-Upper

Do you remember when I last went to Sephora and, like a bonehead, tried on obviously filthy, germ-infested mascara with a clean applicator and wound up with an enormous eye infection?

Well, if you thought *that* was funny (and admit it, you did), hear ye, hear ye:

We had a little break from our conference programming on Saturday afternoon, so BITB* and I went to Sephora to seek out a glorious skin product called Vanilla Shea Souffle by Carol's Daughter:

http://www.carolsdaughter.com/prodinfo.asp?number=13-1178&dept=1048

They didn't have it. Disconsolate, I went to spritz my face with a little spray bottle called "Skin Rev-er Upper" from the Bare Escentuals display. It was a dry, cold day and my complexion needed a lift.

Trouble is, the product I aimed at my face wasn't a gentle spray at all, but a goopy serum. It shot right past the side of my face and hit the wall behind me, dripping down the wall in an obscene mess. The remnants in my hair were reminiscent of that infamous scene from "Something About Mary."

BITB and I went into paroxysms of laughter and were utterly unable to move for minutes, so doubled over were we by the whole ridiculous event. I wish I could tell you something about this product, but all I can say is that it smells unpleasant and it looks very unattractive dripping down the wall.

Honest to God, do I get combat pay for this??




*= Boy In The Bands
http://static.flickr.com/101/290205587_5767b0f7f5.jpg">

2 Comments:

Blogger Chalicechick said...

I love that picture of you!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Jess said...

This comment form is screwed up somehow.

But anyway, you might be interested to know that I did the exact same thing with the barevitamins when I first started using bareminerals, and it was beyond disconcerting!! But when using the serum properly, it is quite nice under the bareminerals foundations.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home