Saturday, October 28, 2006

Eye Gel and Sheen and Shiny


Kiehl's Eye Stuff
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.

A testimonial!

After a night of heavy petting with a bag of SmartFood Popcorn, I awoke this morning to horribly puffy bags under my eyes.

I wouldn't have cared, but I had a presentation later in the afternoon, so I cared.

I used my usual Kiehl's Ultra-Protection Moisturizing Eye Gel and voila! No more puff, and I had a nice healthy sheen under the eye area to distract from my sallow visage. You think this stuff is expensive at $30, but I'm telling you, it lasts for thousands of months.

I do notice as the light changes and casts more shadows that I become distinctly jowly and gray-tinged. Darlings,I RELY on my brightening powders and sheen-enhancing products!

I saw a particularly gorgeous item of the seminarian kind the other night from across the room and noticed that her lips looked small and set in a firm, stern line. How strange! She of the ebullient smile and pretty prettiness! Upon closer inspection later, I saw that she was wearing a deep berry color lipstick that was applied *not quite* all over her lip, and it had dried, giving her a much smaller lip area than she actually had.

This doesn't matter at all, except when you're speaking in public and you want to consider how well folks can see your features. Our lips do lose collagen and get thinner as we age, so heck, no use ageing yourself unnecessarily by coloring inside the lines. Just promise me you won't go puffing yourself up with collagen injections like those Hollywood starlets who look as though they've been whacked repeatedly in the mouth with a pingpong paddle.

And if you wear one of those stay-all-day lipcolors (which PeaceBang certainly does), use that moisturizing topcoat!

A special "hello" to my new friend and reader from Cambridge -- who looked so beautiful and professional today in a lovely black suit, neutral open-weave sweater and GORGEOUS gold necklace -- and to the ANTS fan known as "my cubicle-mate." Thanks for reading!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

I've tried a couple of those all day lip colors and they all had a disgusting taste. Is that typical?

8:43 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Really? LOL! Sorry!
I know that Rimmel lip gloss has an icky fruity taste (it doesn't bother me anymore) but are you using CoverGirl Outlast All Day brand? I don't mind the taste at all.After they dry, they don't taste like anything to me.

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home