Saturday, February 10, 2007

Soft Lips

Good morning, lovely people!

It has been one cold week here in the Land of PeaceBang -- so cold, in fact, that it is reminding PeaceBang of her years in the Chicago area and in Minnesota, where winter was so brutal we would kiss our friends goodbye in October and say, "See you in March! Or maybe May! Depending on when the temp gets up above 40-below zero!"

PeaceBang remembers walking along the Northwestern University campus with icicles forming on her eyelashes and in her nose. She had one of those ankle-length down coats from Marshall Field that made her look like a small Abominable Snowman, but she was grateful for that thing, believe me. Her freshman year roommate Mary's parents bought it for her, tsking at the lame little woolen thing she had brought out from Connecticut. Bless their hearts. I saw them last summer and they're still darling as ever. Also, they haven't aged a bit. I wonder if they have any beauty regimen I should know about? Aside from doing good works, I mean?

ANYHOO, I digress.
I just wanted to alert you to a very fine product that came to me as a sample and that I've fallen in love with:
http://www.softlips.com/

I love Soft Lips for two reasons: one, they have SPF 20, which is wonderful and rare in an inexpensive lip balm. Second, they remind me of back when I was in elementary school and had about ten different Bonne Bell Lip Smackers that I jealously guarded from my sister, who probably had only about six Lip Smackers. Remember Lip Smackers? They were enormous and stinky and you compulsively applied them all day long because they were yummy and they were your first real cosmetic purchase that you bought with babysitting money?

I used to slather on my raspberry or Dr. Pepper or watermelon Lip Smackers in the morning and kiss my dad goodbye, and he would say, "Honey, what in the hell did you just get all over my face?" And I'd say, "SORRY, DAD!" and he'd rub his gooey cheek and grab his briefcase and his tin-foil wrapped muffin and I'd hear him laughing ruefully as he ran out the door.

Soft Lips is like the grown-up version of Lip Smackers. They come in vanilla, cherry, strawberry, raspberry, and mint, and probably an un-flavored version, too.

Because I wear CoverGirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor every day, which comes with a moisturizing lip balm top coat, I love Soft Lips. It is almost the same exact consistency as the CoverGirl top coat, and it has sunscreen. Plus, there's that Bring Me Right Back to 1976 strawberry flavor, only much less intense.

After all, I'm a grown-up lady now.


Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephanie said...

I loved Lip Smackers! Especially Dr. Pepper flavored.

11:35 AM  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

I used Soft Lips years ago, and I remember it working fine (I don't know if they had as many flavors/scents then). I had a problem with the tiny profile of them; don't know why. They were hard to find in my purse or something. I'd forgotten all about them! Maybe I'll look for them next time I'm at the grocery store.

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home