Monday, March 12, 2007

PB in NYC: March 2007 Edition

Hello my dear friends!

PeaceBang is going to spend two nights in New York City to be with her two favorite women in the whole world -- MotherBang and SisterBang -- and to celebrate their March birthdays.

She will be out of sight and out of touch to the blogging community through Friday.

Before she goes, she wants to share with you her deep joy at having had lunch today with two readers of this blog who drove all the way from Long Island, NY to Boston's South Shore to take her to lunch. I must say that I was truly moved that they would they do this, and delighted to find that they were inspiring, brilliant, beautiful, talented, funny, charismatic, committed Christian women and leaders with whom I will be most proud and happy to be associated. We had a blast. I am very excited to be the fairy godmother for a writing project they are embarking upon.

When I began blogging I had no idea that I would have wonderful people writing to me from as far away as Finland, Sweden, England and Czechoslovakia, that I would get invited to parties by readers, that I would subsequently be invited to preach part of the Good Friday service at a progressive Catholic congregation in town, and that I would be treated to a broader glimpse of what God is doing through ministers of so many different faith traditions.

It's quite amazing what's happened with this funny little blog, and I'm humbled by it and grateful for all of you.

Kiss of peace,
xoxo PB

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

Aww; that is awesome! You are truly adding value to the world, and people are recognizing that.

11:19 PM  
Blogger Shaktidas said...

Blogging is an amazing thing. Good for you. Have a great trip!

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home