Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Clothes Allowance

A ministerial friend and colleague told me today that when she left her first church, they gave her a gift of $1500 to go buy some new clothes.

Apparently they didn't love her red Converse sneakers as a "look."

She's just as cute as can be and taught me this genius way of twisting your hair into a bun and then tucking it inside out so it looks like the most elegant chignon. See me at GA and I'll teach you.

Anyway, I told her that when she's 75 she can wear high tops all she wants because by then she'll be established and it can just be an eccentric touch. She does have to wear great trousers and funky jackets to go with them, though, or whatever else is au courant.

In case you were wondering, you can TOTALLY give me $1500 to buy new clothes ANY TIME YOU WANT! I won't be at ALL offended!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally found your blog and I am hooked (not only because you mention my do :) ) Anyway you really are the coolest minister I know. -And even though I know you aren't judging us all on our looks I know we all want to live up to your groovy standards. (I Will take my tshirts out of the dryer sooner. I Will take my tshirts out of the dryer sooner). Thanks for yesterday. I really really needed that.

3:15 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Welcome to the spiritual practice of shoe shopping, my dove!
We ALL need that. Great to see you.

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home