Thursday, June 01, 2006

No Mercy For Zubaz

I'm a little bit torn on the floral patterned pants thing. But only a little bit. Mostly I hate them and all their drawstring-waisted sisters and brothers.

I suppose some floral pants can be lightweight and flowy, and can pass muster IF they're a neutral shade (black and tan, e.g.) and you wear them with something lovely and perhaps linen on top, like a sleeveless sweater with classy gold hoops and nice black mule sandals. Also a nice bag.

However, if they're not in the neutral color family, nix 'em. Do you really want to go around looking suspiciously like you're wearing your husband's Zubaz from 1992? Remember Zubaz? They should have all been taken out and shot.

http://www.badfads.com/pages/fashion/zubaz.html

Also, does anyone's tushie look at it's best in big floppy floral pants?

For the love of God, ladies and gentlemen, let's keep our trousers in solids. Little summery stripes or pinstripes are all in good fun (and often in good fashion), but big splashy florals are just too Muffy At The CountryClub or Really Fat Americans Huffing Through DisneyWorld Eating Tast-T-Pops for us to maintain our dignity in.

If you disagree, send photo proof and I'll happily retract my harsh condemnation. But not 'til then.

P.S. You can stop thinking of cargo pants as "casual wear" right now. They are appropriate for gardening only.

5 Comments:

Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

No cargo pants?!
My friend Mary visiting from Wisconsin wore them several times last week and looked great in them! Granted, she only weighs about 105 pounds and isn't a minister, but still .... I would've worn them if I could have gotten away with it.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Jody Harrington said...

PB is so right about cargo pants. No one needs big floppy pockets on their hips, butt AND thighs.

8:41 PM  
Blogger aola said...

I'm with you PB on the flowery pants. I was shopping on Cold Water Creek's website for summer pants and mostly all they had were big ugly prints... no thank you.

10:57 PM  
Blogger St. Casserole said...

Peacebang, we all think you are wonderful. I mean it.
Cargo pants? Eileen Fisher tried to get us to buy those but we rebelled. YUK.
Did I mention we all think you are the bestest?

7:55 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Aw, gee, Casserole. You're making me blush!
Hafidha, I think if you're a tiny little 20-something and want to wear cargo pants as a casual fun look, power to ya. I'm just saying that no clergyperson should ever wear them in public. Period.

P.S. Coldwater Creek is the best Unintentionally Humorous Catalog of all time! The clothes can be okay but their descriptions are just divinely insipid.

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home