Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Shoe Recommendations, Again

I seem to be pimping Easy Spirit shoes today, so here, for the woman who wants a summer shoe to wear for weddings:

http://www.easyspirit.com/s?namespace=catalog&origin=viewall_category.jsp&event=pg.shoe&cid=1072&viewall=yes

Stay away from anything too loafer-like and with buckles. Most of these are cut well and look fine and sturdy (I like the Await style) and I bet they're comfy. I'm not mad about the shiny leather of the pumps but hey, at least they're leather and your feet won't sweat.

These are called Finales by Easy Spirit and they're a bit pricey at $75, but you'd have them for millions of years and they're frumpy in a good way, like you're trying intentionally not to upstage the bride:

Finales

I rather loathe Mary Janes -- just because they're so often the choice for clergy without a smidgen of glamorous imagination, and they only look cute if you get the real chunky heeled ones and wear them with a flippy skirt and great sweater and textured hose and a great big dose of irony -- but these are acceptably classic for a Mary Jane-type shoe.

4 Comments:

Blogger Abbey of the Arts said...

I only recently discovered your site, but I absolutely love it!

Just a quick note on these shoes, I thought they were so cute I went over to Zappos.com to check them out (Zappos is the best shoe store period!) and they are on sale for $67.95 with free shipping (usually an upgrade too) and free returns. No I don't work for Zappos, but I have ordered lots of shoes from them!

Blessings on your dressing!
Christine Paintner

10:40 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Christine, welcome to PeaceBang's Beauty Tips! Zappos IS wonderful. I like to use the site as a soporific. Before bed, to relax, just scroll through the oodles of shoes. Heaven on one website...

10:18 AM  
Blogger Rev. Erika said...

Zowie -- there is *always* inspiration to be found on this blog of yours, PeaceBang. Color me grateful.

I'd just been lamenting the lack of summery sandals in my closet, but this link to EasySpirit zeroed me in on the "Landlady" model -- such a score! So affordable! I'm craving a pair of those oh-so-fashionable wedges in jute/sissal, but these will do for now.

As a side note, PeaceBang, your word of caution about the trend in athletic-style, rubbery mary janes gave me pause.... I was about to buy a cute pair of them from J.Jill, yet find myself greatly influenced by your words. I feel torn. I'm an athletic Californian, and those "Haven't we seen enough of these?" shoes are, nevertheless, perfect for my 10-mile bicycle commute to work (what I wear on those commute days is a whole 'nother topic).

You are, at the very least, pushing this feminist tomboy's envelope, and opening new vistas of shoewear before my eyes. Danke schoen!

8:23 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Hey Glory, you get a pass on the rubbery Mary Janes because you're biking ten miles to work. Gals who save emissions get to wear any shoes they want! (just not with a green poncho)

Tip: if you're wearing wide legged trousers (always flattering if they fit well), you can wrap them up for biking with a hair band and you won't get terrible wrinkles. Or at least that's what I hear.

I think a mid-calf length capri with the rubbery Mary Janes would be cute, as long as your top is tailored: something like a light-weight blazer, and you get your hair under control after the long ride. Hmmm. Must ponder.

8:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home