Friday, August 11, 2006

PeaceBang Accepts PayPal (And Credit Cards!)

Darling Powder Pigeons,

As you may have intuited, being PeaceBang can be an expensive proposition.
While I have never been a big bargain shopper for products, in the past four months or so I have spent far beyond my usual budget looking for solutions to all our skin, hair and fashion questions.

I am a knight in search of the Holy Grail of Beauty! I spare no expense! I am PeaceBang, dreaming the impossible dream that all clergy will have a polished, lovely and elegant persona befitting their calling! I heedlessly subscribe to beauty magazines and wear out my shoe leather at the outlet mall, scrutinizing today's offerings for their wearability on your bodies and for your life!

My financial advisor, seeing my annual expenses for beauty and "personal," said, "I'm sure you can cut this number way back." I said, "Well, I could, but it's become a kind of a side business." Quoth she, "If you're not getting paid for it, it's not a business. It's a liability." Me: "Well, um, what if I say it's a MINISTRY?" She: "I see you have some financial goals here. I'm just trying to help you meet them." Me: ::gulp::

Thank you for supporting PeaceBang's Beauty Tips For Ministers!

9 Comments:

Blogger LisaBe said...

i, too, am a taryn rose luster-after. it's a sickness. if only "what not to wear" would come and swoop me away with their $5,000 visa.
i'll contribute to the ministry of peacebang soon.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Caroline Divine said...

OMG, those shoes are beautiful. But $500 !!!!!!!!????

Hey, what did you (and all) think of the shoes I posted on a couple of times?

And congrats on PayPal. And thanks for your ministry!

9:22 PM  
Blogger Caroline Divine said...

The link seems weird. Let me post
those shoes
again

9:25 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

LOVE them in brown!! Too bad I just bought a pair of sexy bronze mary janes from Kenzie... dammit, it was an impulse buy in Montreal.

9:38 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

I WANT THOSE SHOES!
Size 6 1/2!!

SOMEONE GET ME THOSE SHOES!!

(I'm just being like this because I'm writing a paper and I've eaten about 50 chocolate-covered espresso beans)

9:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

PB wrote: "(I'm just being like this because I'm writing a paper and I've eaten about 50 chocolate-covered espresso beans)"

Well, gee whiz. . . sounds like an addiction to me. go to:
http://charisophia.blogspot.com/

For another opinion regarding UU perspecasity in dress, from my lovely friend/colleague Juliana!

Cheerfully, RK

5:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Okay, I registered for blogspot *just* to post on this forum. Thank you from the bottom of my lovely pastor-girl heart for this blog.

12:25 AM  
Blogger Psalmist said...

PB, all, I'm still trying to get on board with an updated look. I, too, liked the Taryn Rose shoes, just about all of them, but budget-wise it's simply not going to happen. Wondering what you think of this look. Too tame? Too olive? I'm so dyed-in-the-wool classic in my tastes that changing is very difficult. (P.S., PB - I think you and I have a similar "build," though my feet are a size larger than yours.)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Psalmist said...

Well, shoot...link didn't work!

this look

10:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home