Thursday, May 25, 2006

How I See You

Darling PeaceBangers,

This has got to stop.

I ran into another reader of this blog yesterday at a church in town and he confessed to me that he was feeling less than his stellar fashioning best in a polo shirt and chinos.
Now stop that!
Haven't I told you that PeaceBang herself looks like a horizontal stack of meatballs pressed gamely into some outfit that she hopes communicates creative, with-it religous leader (or perhaps, "fun, cute dateable 40 year old babe")? And that without the help of Max Factor, Origins, Shu Uemura and TIGI, she would just be a washed-out old broad?

You must understand that when PeaceBang sees you, she does not judge.
She scrutinizes you because in you, she sees a potential superstar and she considers herself your agent and stylist, wanting you to shine every time you walk down the red carpet of your life. PeaceBang is totally on your team, people. She thinks you're adorable and beautiful as a child of God. She's just a little bit of a Jewish mother, noodging you to get your hair out of your eyes already, stand up straight and smile big, why? Because, dahlink, you're fabulous!

So get out there and be fabulous and when you run into PeaceBang, remember that she is 100% LOVING you!

(P.S. If you pull that polo out of the dryer faster it won't get even one wrinkle in it. Kisses!!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Chalicechick said...

Black t-shirt, but the kind with a bit of shape. Blue jeans, black boots, red sweater tied around my neck.

(Casual day all week at my firm in honor of the partners being out of town.)

Oh, and Miss Manners frequently claims to have the "people are weird around her because they know she is an expert in something they fear they aren't good at" problem.

CC

2:51 PM  
Blogger aola said...

You are infectious. I come every day to read your blog and find myself actually wondering what you would think about what I am wearing. And, thank you for these particularly encouraging words. I am 35 pounds heavier than I would like to be and tend to dress sloppily because I feel uncomfortable about my size.

You make me feel better. I even bought myself a new dress the other day.

Thanks PeaceBang

11:14 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Aola, darling, I weigh 100 lbs. more than I should, and I am downright CUTE. So are you. Strut your stuff, baby. Glad to be an inspiration.

11:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PB, Said: "You must understand that when PeaceBang sees you, she does not judge.
She scrutinizes you because in you, she sees a potential superstar and she considers herself your agent and stylist, wanting you to shine every time you walk down the red carpet of your life."

Peace Bang: YES, I hope so and count on this! Truly, Truly, Truly!
If it isn't true, SHAME on YOU!

7:55 AM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Oh Anonymous, shame on YOU for having such a victim-oriented approach to this fun, fabulous blog! I happen to think that the ministerium readership isn't quite as susceptible to fatal attacks of low self-esteem over a BLOG as you do. Lighten up, babe.

3:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home