Monday, June 05, 2006

My Little Crazy Keenes

I bought a pair of these tonight, in a gray-purple color:

keenepods

They make my feet look like crazy little pods, but I got them for a few good reasons:
1. They're incredibly comfortable but they're NOT BIG UGLY SNEAKERS.
2. I can pack them for my summer trips and wear them on long walks so I don't have to pack my BIG UGLY SNEAKERS.
3. They're waterproof -- hey, walks on the beach! Great for your calves! And these have better support than my Tevas.
4. In ten years from now, they're going to be so out of fashion that just peeping at them in a box in the closet is going to send me into gales of laughter, but in 20 years they'll be wildly fashionable again.
5. For no good reason I've just been lusting after them for two years. When I saw SisterBang's new pair I knew I was going to give in and get some of my own.
6. They're darned cute and they're not BIG UGLY SNEAKERS or frumpy, hideous flat canvass summer shoes.

P.S. They're not for ministry. They're for Regular Person Life.

2 Comments:

Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

These are extraordinarily popular in the NW.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Miss Kitty said...

Don't worry, PB--you'll probably wear them so often in your "regular person" life that they'll be well-worn and shot in a couple years. I know mine are--I go through a pair of Teva sandals every couple years, I wear them so often in the summer.

And the Keens will never be out of style when you go hiking in them. Trust me.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home