Sunday, September 17, 2006

Merrell's RIP

This is the saddest non-important thing in my life this afternoon:

My beloved Merrell thong sandals that I have had for three years and worn almost every day (certainly in the summer) around the house and all around the universe because they are the most comfortable shoes EVER (take THAT, Crocs!) just broke.

Keening. Wailing. Gnashing of teeth and renting of garments (which, in the Biblical, means tearing. Not like renting of tuxes, for your non-Biblical people out there). Donning of sackcloth and ashes.

I tried to replace this pair last year but they stopped making this style, and the new version just wan't heavenly comfortable, so why purchase it?

These are all run-on sentences but that's what happens when you are GRIEVING YOUR SHOES.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will rend the garment.

I am rending the garment.

I rent the garment.

Sorry about your loss. I'm going to go get a Land's End tee to get over the pain.

4:45 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Sean, here's me looking all guilty but very cool, like my cat does when she knocks a pile of stuff over.

But lest you think me totally busted, LET ME BE PERFECTLY CLEAR: PeaceBang only wore her beloved, apparently irreplacable Merrells (and other thong sandals) outside of church and ministry settings.

And she will never, ever buy Crocs. And if she does, she will never, ever admit it.

Thanks for the e-bay link, Amy. I fear, oh I fear, that my style isn't on the list of options. Not anywhere I've looked.

PB is stricken.

9:22 PM  
Blogger Psalmist said...

I'm so sorry, PB. What a bummer! I'd grieve, too, if something happened to my favorite pair of comfy shoes (which are a clearance pair of beige Chinese Laundry perfed leather ballet-style flats that I wear nowhere except home and short grocery store runs--I look like I'm five years old in them).

I don't wonder that you're feeling bereaved. I'll spare you a tacky pun about sole mates. Maybe you'll soon feel up to shopping and find some wonderful clearance sandals that will pamper your feet next summer.

10:32 PM  
Blogger ronia the resilient said...

mmmmm
crocs make flip flops!

Hee hee hee

that being said, PB, I am *still* carrying around my favorite oxfords whose soles split in half over a year ago because I am grieving too. I understand.

Dame O

12:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home