Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Minky Brunette And Shiny Hair


binoche
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.

This is the Juliette Binoche we know and love. So French, so feminine, so gorgeous. Look at that minky brunette hair. Boys and girls, when the Lord said LET THERE BE LIGHT, He was also referring to your hair. Even if you're sporting a dark hue, it can --and should be -- shiny. Shiny = energy. Shiny = youth. If you're coloring your hair a dark shade and not considering whether or not it reflects any light, run right to the mirror and do so right now.

Is it shiny? Or is it just lying on your head all flat and dark or all curly and fried like something just climbed up and died there?There is no reason you can't have some signs of shiny life no matter what your hair color. I cannot stress enough that dead, dull hair is one of the first things I notice when I see someone I think seems to be really aging. Dull hair makes us look depleted.

Look what happens even to beautiful people when their hair reflects no light. Here's Juliette trying for the "blondes have more fun" routine, and failing miserably (although to be fair to her, she may have dyed her hair for a movie role. If so, they can't possibly be paying her enough):

Just awful. She's chosen a notoriously hard shade of blond to pull off, and it looks like straw. Look how it ages her. Look how it takes away her mystery and luxe allure.

You don't think clergy should have luxe allure? Come to think of it, I agree with you. However, there's no reason we can't put a little sumpin'-sumpin' in our hair to keep it from being totally drabola. There are GAGILLIONS of products out there that can help.

PeaceBang recommends:

The Aveda Brilliant Line (especially the spray finishing gloss but be careful you don't overuse it, as it can make hair greasy)

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products/multiproduct.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY10538&PAGENUM=all

American Crew Pomade (for men)

http://www.mensroombarbershop.bigstep.com/category.html?UCIDs=789251

Got any more recommendations? Special tips from the Af-Am community on this issue?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

I saw a photo of Juliette in a magazine with the blonde hair and I was aghast! I really do hope it's for a movie. It's a terrible shade of blonde for one thing, and for another - she's always struck me as just the quintessential French brunette.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Juliana said...

Kiehl's Cream with Silk Groom. C'est mega, ma chere. I frizz like a ho' in hellfire without it. Which would be OK if I were going for the Wacked Out Pagan look. But I'm not. Well, not intentionally anyway.

And speaking of glamourous brunette-ness, I'm thinking that in the current absence of salaried clergy, I will lobby AJC HQ for a staff colourist. Honestly I feel SO unspiritual when I have to do my own colour over the sink. And it's suuuuuuuch an indulgence to pay somebody to do "brown."

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home