Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Tarte Smooth Operator

SisterBang always bewails the coming of autumn, as she has olive-toned skin that tans beautifully in the summer* and fears that with the loss of the sun, not only will her mood plummet but worse... her skin will get ashy.

She recommends to you Tarte Smooth Operator oil free lightweight foundation. You apply it with a brush and according to The Sis, it leave your skin "smooth and not shiny."

She likes it very much in helping her transition from summer-radiant to autumn-not-so-radiant.

PeaceBang has been reading with some interest about the olive oil-based DHC line (thanks to a reader for alerting me to it), and has been washing her face for the past few nights with a Trish McEvoy purifying oil (given as a sample). She feels that this oil-based cleansing is a potentially over-rated gimmick that does leave the face very soft, but so far doesn't out-perform other cleansers. Since PeaceBang uses a calming toner from Origins, eye cream and night cream (by Juice Beauty Organics), she doesn't necessarily need such a moisturizing cleanser. She is not very fond of the slight greasy residue it leaves behind, and the fact that it gets all over the place before she can get it on her face.


SisterBang recommends:
Tarte Smooth Operator oil free lightweight foundation




* When PeaceBang says "tans beautifully" she does not mean "bakes herself to a dry, terra cotta brown that makes her face look like a dried apple." She means "achieves a lovely luminous glow in spite of her regular applications of sun protection."

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

At the suggestion of my dermatologist, I use Cetaphil cleanser. I forget how much it costs - not much at CVS. It's the best! I find their moistruizer needs to be applied with a light hand as it can feel too greasy.

5:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to use the combination of Dove soap (I know, I know, no soap on the face) and Cetaphil moisturizer with 15 SPF sunblock. My former dermatologist gave me a few samples of moisturizer with sunblock a few years ago. While the Neutrogena product had the 30 SPF, I did not like the scent or the consistency. The Cetaphil (green and white packaging) was a good balance. The best SPF is the one that is worn. And yes, I agree that a little goes a long way.

In my search for a cleanser, a church member gave me samples of Mary Kay. Now I like the combination of the 3-in-1 cleanser and the moisturizer with SPF 15. If I add any other products, such as those for "younger looking skin", I end up breaking out.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home