Sunday, October 15, 2006

I Can't Stop Smelling Myself

Dear hearts, today was just a Beauty Day in PeaceBang's life. Nature was beauty, the people and the coffee at church were beauty, and since her sister and mother helped dress her this morning and she had an excellent hair and skin day, PeaceBang herself felt quite lovely if not Beauty in the transcendent sense of the word. Given that she has been feeling like the Great Pumpkin's Hag lately, it was a b i g improvement.

Sometimes when PeaceBang attends grave and serious religious events, she gets a little whiff of girly rebellion up her nose (could be all that patriarchal church history, who knows) and just HAS to go out and purchase something frivolous afterwards. Once it was a pair of Shu Uemura eyelashes after a tedious ordination. Today it was a delicious bottle of perfume she'd been lusting after for about a month, following a lecture on the origins of religious toleration.

Are these fragrances not Beauty even only in verbal descriptions?
http://www.beautycafe.com/lartisan_perfume.htm
These fragrances are swoonable. * They smell like what God would smell like if She was a totally elegant woman sitting in a Parisian cafe reading Proust on a rainy afternoon. If you have a chance to smell any of L'Artisan's scents somewhere, I certainly hope you will. It is a deeply spiritual experience. You will feel luxurious just sticking your snout in the tester for that one rapturous moment, I promise.

The proprieter of an adorable little shop called The Beauty Mark where I went to find the fragrance turned out to be a lovely spiritual seeker named Rebecca, whose hunky husband Tom was also in the shop today, which (and here's the Holy Spirit at work) wasn't even supposed to be open this afternoon. Can you imagine? Is that not evidence that Jesus wanted me to get this perfume? My friend and I certainly thought so, as we don't think it's any fair to let the wacky megavangelical Christians have all the crazy theology. I've heard Joel Osteen say right out loud that God wants you to be rich. If Joel can say that, PeaceBang can say that God wants you to smell good. And it makes Jesus happy when you buy new perfume.

Rebecca is going to set me up with some samples from her store, and then I will review them, and you can purchase them RIGHT FROM HER and she'll give you a deal on postage and handling! Is that not Beauty right there?


* PeaceBang is always more than happy to tell you her age, but she believes that a lady never reveals the name of her perfume.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can attest to the great smelling scent on you. I too tried on one of these scintillating fragrances and I couldn't keep my nose off my wrist all night!! I am headed to The Beauty Mark tomorrow to purchase own favorite aroma. Thanks for the inspiration Peacebang!!

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home