Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Red Lipstick Recommendation

For those of you who dare to wear red lipstick, Allure magazine says that Lancome Color Design Pout-A-Porter Collection has a beautiful new red called "Behnaz."

"Lancome artistic director Gucci Westman spent hours trying to concoct a red that lived up to fashion designer Behnaz Sarafpour's high standards: 'Not too blue, not too orange, and very wearable, day and night.'"

It apparently looks great on all skin tones, but you'll have to let me know.

Whatever you do, though, it is HIGH TIME to retire the frosted lipsticks for the season. Look for a lip color that brightens your face, looks professional and polished, and doesn't drag down your jowls (if you got 'em, and I'm starting to).

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so, peacebang--what's your stance on really red lips/fingernails/toes for the Presider?

Of course I'm assuming that they are meticulously applied and generally suit the wearer, etc.

1:34 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

I think red toenails are absolutely not acceptable if toes are showing. I've gotten into some serious fights on this but I hold firm.

A dark red nail polish is fine with SHORT nails, and nothing shiny or sparkly. And for God's sake, no cutesy little paintings.

I don't think red lips and red fingernails should make an appearance at the same time.

9:53 PM  
Blogger Caroline Divine said...

Clinique's Colour Surge lipstick. Fabulous. Stays on. But not sticky icky. I use Cranberry Cream, which is as red as I've gotten (I usually go for something berry-ish and not obnoxious) and for me, very red, but it's not red red red, if you know what I mean. And the website makes it look much more blue-toned than it is, so go have a look at it in the store.

I've found it perks up my complexion much more than my other two Clinique favorites (not from the Colour Surge line), one of which is called, appropriately, Angel Red.

4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home