Thursday, October 19, 2006

"Project Runway" Finale, Finale (Spoiler Alert!)

I threw myself out the window. It was the first floor, but still.
I am currently lying in the bushes in the fetal position, quietly wailing. Soon the neighbors will be alarmed and call 911. I will be too tangled in the Christmas lights for the paramedics to do anything for me. It will be very tragic. I will only leave the bushes if Tim Gunn comes and pays me a personal visit and comforts me.

My last post was accidentally deleted (there's a lot of that going on today!) but thank you for your sympathetic comments. We share pain today.

When Laura's collection came down the runway I thought "That's a world I want to live in." Was the music not the most kicking thing EVER? Not to mention her GORGEOUS creations? I also loved much of Uli's line, and was practically in tears with my sister about Michael's regression. Wha' happint? But as he said, he's young. He's got time.

I guess it's Jeffrey's Japanese Fairytale, and we just live in it.



waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

8 Comments:

Blogger Caroline Divine said...

I repeat: what's with the woman who presides over this thing (they never say her name, she's the one with the German accent who tells people they're out) and why does she wear those SHMATTAs?! Someone send her to Stacy and Clinton. Except that their recent taste, as you pointed out, is a bit skewed. I know! Let's send her to Laura!

You're the one who got me into watching Project Runway, you know.

I'm out the window too (though not surprised -- I had a feeling he would win)... Waaaaaah...

11:42 AM  
Blogger Jody Harrington said...

Uli was ROBBED!

ACCKKK. ~hitting the bushes~

Laura is still my favorite designer though.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Jess said...

Her name is Heidi Klum, and she's quite a famous model married to the singer Seal.

I thought Laura's collection was pretty, but overall boring, with no real common thread or story to tell. And I hate feathers. I loved Michael's progression, but they were right to say that he needed to mature.

What I don't get is that there were two pieces in Jeffrey's collection that they hated - the blue bag dress and the long flowy thing - while they liked everything in Uli's, but thought it wasn't quite as cohesive. But at the same time they made a point of saying that every single one of Uli's looks was actually wearable by real women.

More evidence that fashion isn't really for real people, at least not in the realm of high fashion design. Yuck.

3:58 PM  
Blogger Caroline Divine said...

Thanks, Jess.

It all goes to show what I have said for years: what matters is not fashion but STYLE. (I first heard this in French so I hope it translates into English. "La mode" vs. "le style.")

And PeaceBang, my doves, has style.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Leap of Faith said...

Dear PeaceBang:

I wanted to make sure you were alerted to one of our sisterhood, of whom we must all be proud, proud, proud. A friend of my husband's sent us a link to the Bill O'Reilly Show, where Rev. Kathleen McTigue not only holds her own against his manipulations but looks fabulous. Talking about looking good in the public eye! (I don't know how to send you the link, but I imagine the Fox site would do it.)

7:09 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

I HUNG OUT WITH HER AT GA!! WE TALKED ABOUT FASHION! Well, now I have to see this segment, and if you're out there, McTigue, DO provide the link!!

7:37 PM  
Blogger Leap of Faith said...

Dear PB -

The UUA website has the link to the Bill O'Reilly show with Kathleen. It's the cover story, and when you hit "more" & scroll down, it's under "Media Coverage."

- Rev. Gidget

2:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a minister, but I watch one every Sunday, with great joy.

You had asked about a link to Kathleen McTigue on the O'Reilly show. The best we've found is on YouTube. It's out of sync and bad quality--you can't see the fashion--but the words make us all proud
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dHkh4wMpq0

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home