Thursday, January 04, 2007

Update on Erm

They are going to give her antibiotics, anti-parisite medication, prednisone and something else.
A tracheal wash could kill her (she may not survive anesthesia) and the results would be inconclusive (and extremely expensive!).

As it is, this is wiping out my savings hour by hour. It's horrifying to watch it disappear and to know that I may have to euthanize her in a very short period of time to alleviate her suffering.

She is no longer in oxygen because they want to see if she can survive without it. If not, there's not much hope.

My lame little beauty tip for the day:
Maybelline Volume Express Waterproof mascara is NOT waterproof. It definitely doesn't smear onto your face, but it washes off with tears.

Labels:

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Voluminous mascara is not waterproof either...I am scratching my Emily between her ears and asking her to say a little kitty-prayer for Ermengarde.
snuggles.

2:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for you and Miss Kitty. So painful.

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, PeaceBang, I wish the news was better. Please know that you are not alone--every cat lover who enjoys your blog is pulling for Ermengarde. My prayers continue to be with you, your beautiful baby, and those caring for her.

5:01 PM  
Blogger zorra said...

I am so sorry. Please know that a lot of people continue to pray for you.

5:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Honey, I am so very sorry--horrifyingly enough, we JUST went through this exact same thing (finding the gasping kitty, enduring the oxygen cage and 10 million tests) over the last 3 days. I pray that your kitty fares better than ours--my eyelids are still swollen from having to say goodbye late yesterday. Thinking of you.....

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry - which is even lamer than the mascara under the circumstances.

8:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lucky cat she is to have someone who loves her so much. Even though cats don't like to show it, you can see their love and gratitude if you look hard enough. Blessings for peace and comfort for both of you.

10:05 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh Peacebang - I wasn't reading all of these posts in order. I know she is home now, but I didn't realize how grave the diagnosis was. Annie, Grace, Leo and Gustav and their humans (me and my partner Wolfgang) and sending you and Ermengarde our prayers.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home