Monday, February 12, 2007

Scary Huge Eyelashes


scary huge eyelashes
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.
I knew it. I just knew it. I knew that all the recent obsession with big, feathery eyelashes would lead to this. Oh Lord, I knew it.

If I can trust my old eyes, I believe Miss Tyra Banks is wearing enormous false eyelashes on her upper AND lower lid. How can she even blink?

God's All-Stars, even if you are preaching to a stadium of 40,000 people and will be filmed on a Jumbotron, will you make sure not to overdo the lashes like this? Only Tammy Faye gets to do this look.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Berrysmom said...

PB, this is not about the eyelashes, hideous though they are. (And BTW, I got one of those Clinique goodie bags recently which has some stuff in it that I will use, but not the cylinder with mascara in one end and Elmer's Glue in the other--it's alleged to be a lash-thickening undercoat, but I know Elmer's when I see it...)

Anyway, I write to ask for your observations on the haircut of the new President of Harvard who happens to be a woman (NOT "the woman President of Harvard," as she insists). I hope that her new salary as the President of this august institution will allow her to get a decent haircut now and then.

6:16 PM  
Blogger Caroline Divine said...

I'm surprised she hasn't already gotten to know Sydney Moss, haircutter to the Harvard celebs (and some of us non celebs or aspiring celebs who were only minor WGBH interviews -- back when we lived in town) who is just down the street from Radcliffe and Harvard yards. He does have his off days but mostly he is very good (or was when I still lived in town) and he loves making smart intellectual women look (more) elegant.

But of course there are plenty of other good hairdressers in Cambridge, Boston, and environs.

And, I might add, elsewhere. Love, love, love my guy here in the Southland. An artist.

P.S. Very excited about the new Harvard Prez. A historian!!

9:06 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Berrysmom and C. Divine, I have INDEED given some attention to the new Harvard president and am refraining from commenting for the time being, as I would like to do up a post on it.

And yes, she needs ... advisement.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home