Monday, May 08, 2006

Confessions of A Happy Product Addict

Juniper asked all about where product addicts keep all their stash.
Here's how it looks in the Land of PeaceBang:

peacebangbeauty1

And a close-up (25 lipsticks/glosses hardly take up ANY room, see?):

peacebangbeauty3

peacebangbeauty2

(I swear I did not intend one bit of comedy by the presence of the Cross. It's been there for years and I never realized how sacreligious it looks until now!)

And then we have the bathroom product bonanza:

peacebangbeautybathroom2

peacebangbeautybathroom

(We would not HAVE our toothbrush out in the open, of course, where it can pick up flying ickies from a flushing toilet. That strange blue plastic item is actually a tongue sraper that I hardly ever use because it makes me gag.)

And there you have it, ladies and gentlemen. Not to mention the supplies in the closet, because what girl wants to run out of deody-o right before an important preaching event? And what busy religious leader wants to have to pour shampoo into stupid little travel bottles before hopping on the plane when she can just keep nifty travel sized items pre-packed in a clear cosmetic bag, ready to go when she is?

Love me, love my products.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peacebang, I'm a lurker, now delurking myself in order to ask you an urgent question.

I'm a seminarian doing my hospital CPE this summer, and I just received the dress code in the mail. The highlights are: no denim material, no sleeveless tops, no T-shirts, no open-toed shoes, no skirts above the knee, no earrings that hang below the earlobe...etc. Given that I own no summer shoes that aren't open-toed, some shopping is clearly in order, but as a 27 year old grad student, it's hard for me to not to read this list as "Please dress like a middle-aged soccer mom." How do I follow these guidelines in the heat of the summer while still looking feminine and age-appropriate? Help!

2:10 PM  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

My SO said that on an episode of Mythbusters they did a test to see if keeping the toothbrush near the toilet in the bathroom would leave fecal particles on it. So they placed a whole bunch (like a hundred) of brand new toothbrushes and put them in the bathroom (at varying distances from the toilet), then they put a brand new one in glass case in the kitchen. When they tested the toothbrushes later they found that the encased one in the kitchen had as much fecal particles on it as the ones in the bathroom! I guess that stuff is everywhere.

2:48 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

REALLY, H Sof? I just feel better because my toilet is RIGHT THERE.
But I'm glad to know that.

10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home