Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Now THAT's Fashion Entertainment!!

Oh my God.
Oh my God.
I am delirious!!
Go immediately to this link and listen to The New York Times' Cathy Horyn's commentary on Fashion Week:

http://tinyurl.com/fe9wh

If you don't absolutely burst your appendix laughing I will buy you a free appletini next time I see you.

I am over the moon on this! First we get to actually see the ridiculous stylings of Narciso Rodriguez -- just insane nonsense like they always do, you know, the pleatherette red breastplate and things inspired by Darth Vader worn by sneering stick girls -- and while that's all hilarious enough, you get the dramatically deadpan, extravagantly pretentious commentary of Ms. Horyn at the SAME TIME!! IT IS HEAVEN!!

She describes the clothing in phrases like "something evocative of the unsavory," and "nomadic, patched-up elegance" and if you ask me, we should all listen to this commentary over and over again in order not only to quote her extensively but to master her pronunciation of words like "show" (say"shee-owww," only don't move your lips or jaw while you do it) and "clothes" ("cleeooooooooooooooooowths"). I am Cathy Horyn's biggest new fan! Physically AND emotionally! Who IS she? Is she a real person, do you think, or a comedian pulling an elaborate hoax? And do you think she was born with that many y's in her name??

Anyway, do enjoy this to its fullest, but do not be drinking a beverage while you listen to the first couple of designer commentaries, I'm warning you. Things get more interesting and less utterly bombastic by the time we get to Anna Sui and Zac Posen (and Sui's collection just rocks, btw).

Go, go, go! Listen now! I don't want you to miss this! It is totally evocative of the unsavory!

(make sure to click twice on the button that works for your modem speed)

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, you were right. The appletini's on me.

7:41 PM  
Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

You owe me an appletini! Except that I don't drink anymore right now. =(

8:05 PM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Oh damn! Well, virgin pina colada, then!

11:19 PM  
Blogger betsy said...

She's real - she was here in Washington DC before moving to the NYTimes.

12:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home