Monday, October 23, 2006

This Isn't "Fresh Faced:" It's Unpolished


sharon-stone-no-makeup
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.
So, my pigeons. Here is actress Sharon Stone out and about shopping for furniture of a Saturday afternoon (or something, but the reports did say "shopping for furniture").

What do you think when you look at this image? "Gee, it's nice to see her natural beauty?" or rather, "Holy cow, Sharon, not only is that blouse an offense against nature and your skin tone, you MUST have realized you'd be caught on camera looking so blotchy and raggedy-headed."

Miss Stone is really pretty. So are you., and she's had a lot more professional help in getting that way than you've ever had.

But with just three minutes of time, Sharon could have achieved a quick evening-out of her skin tone with a creme compact (like the one by Lancome I used to use years ago when I was very into being super pale), a brightening of her lips, and some eyelashes. A brush of blush, a twist of the hair into an upknot, and she would have been camera-ready.

Now, our job in life isn't to be camera-ready at ALL times (but much of the time, yes). It is to realize that we are public people, that it doesn't take much effort at all to be presentable and polished, and that NO ONE LOOKS GOOD IN THAT BLOUSE.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

I think Sharon might be tanning a bit too much; she's almost the same color as the blouse (which would look better maybe on a browner skinned person).

But considering that she's the same age as my mom - almost 50 - I think she looks pretty good. If I saw her at the grocery store and she were not Sharon Stone I'd think she was in her late 30s, not her late 40s.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Vancouver, British Columbia, CA said...

Dearest PeaceBang,
Can I just tell you how happy you make me? I work to end sex trafficking and sometimes feel absolutely wrung out from dealing with activists, policy makers, and of course the beautiful and messy lives of women.
What a bright spot of frivolity in my day to read your posts every day (yes, I'm quite the devotee). Not that I have any idea who Laura Bennett is, but I am a redhead and a huge fan of other redheads parading around their badass hair.
Keep it coming!
Michelle

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home