Friday, July 21, 2006

Word of the Day

Blepharoplasty.

http://www.psinfocenter.com/eye_lift.php


Also known as "eye lift."
Also known as PeaceBang's birthday present in about five years, because serious eye droopage runs in the family.

Exhibit A:
young betty

betty

Hmmmm. Has Betty had work done even though she swore she never would? Her famously Slavic eyes look great here!

Well, believe you me, the other members of the family (not public domain, so I can't publish their photos) haven't fared nearly as well in the eyelid droopage department.

2 Comments:

Blogger LaReinaCobre said...

My grandmother had an eyelift done because her eyelids were drooping and she couldn't see so well through her eyelashes. It was a medical surgery. It really did make her 5 to 10 years younger. But it took a little getting used to for me. I got kind of freaked out because it seemed like she was snake-eyeing me for a while. She has big eyes.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have a dear parishioner who had the surgery done successfully in her early 70's because her lids were beginning to obscure her vision. But a recent attempt to improve the situation this spring, 16 years later, actually made things worse for her, despite having the best doctor around. Tricky stuff.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home