Saturday, April 07, 2007

Robin Redbreast Convention


Robin Redbreast Convention
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.
I was coming home this afternoon after doing errands and saw about thirty of these dudes on the front lawn, very industrious, obviously having a very important gathering.

They're all over the backyard, too -- probably fifty of them. Have you seen the way these guys move around, all stiff-necked, very uptight and professional? They all look like they should be carrying little clipboards. But they are VERY HANDSOME. And they expect to be treated VERY SERIOUSLY.

I love them. They cut quite a figure and it will be a delight to watch them out the window as I work on the Easter service.

7 Comments:

Blogger Shaktidas said...

That is a very handsome bird!

As for "beauty tips for Easter", all I can say is... thank God for vestments!

3:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love watching the flora and fauna outside any church I serve. In Alabama, pale green lizards tiptoed through the bushes and expanded their bright pink throats. In Texas, doves puff up the feathers and a little mouse scuttles by just trying to find a morsel and to stay warm.

Yay for all of them.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Bar L. said...

I've been sitting here reading all your posts! I love your blog, it's great. I'll be back for sure.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He makes me think of the Raffi song: "Robin in the Rain, what a saucy fellow, robin in the rain, mind your socks of yellow." Not bad fashion advice from a children's song!

Love the blog. Happy anniversary and keep 'em coming!

Nokomis Kelli

12:18 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hello little chick-a-dee,
Does PB read comics? this one deals with current "fashion"
http://www.uclick.com/client/wpc/ca/

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

not related to this post, but I'm on GA staff, and will be leaving wednesday for presite, 4 days of UU meetings / exploring the city of Portland. What's a girl to pack?

12:49 AM  
Blogger PeaceBang said...

Dear GA staffer,
Just pour vouz!!
http://beautytipsforministers.blogspot.com/2007/03/general-assembly-attire.html

Check it out, baby! And let me know if your burning questions have all been addressed.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home