Sunday, January 21, 2007

Beautiful People, Bonitas Gentes

Hola, mis estimados lindos!

I write to you from the highlands in Guatemala, where I am going about in an batik muu-muu and having drinks by the pool whilst gazing at volcanoes. It' very "Bali Hai."

Seriously, though, PeaceBang must tell you that Guatemalans are extremely beautiful people and that she is humbled and inspired by their use of colorful, gorgeous fabrics to adorn themselves. The men in this region wear embroidered calzones (pants) that come down to the knee, and the women are breathtaking in floral embroidered blouses.

I don't have much time to write, but really I just miss you and wanted to say hello.
I hope you're being beautiful and happy. And moisturizing!

Kiss, kiss,
muchos besos,
PB

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Kristen said...

I just got back from Guatemala and had an amazing time and also purchased some amazing clothes!

10:48 AM  
Blogger Kristen said...

I just read you pervious post and saw that you are going to be at the posada.. IT is AMAZING!!!!!!!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say, I went to my first big gathering of UU ministers the other day, and all of a sudden the need for this blog became very clear to me. I mean, I am not all about super-cute shoes or special mascara, but hey - let's iron our clothes, people. There were only other ministers around, so it made it less painful, but I couldn't help but realize that everyone probably didn't dress down for the event - these were what they typically wore. There were exceptions, for sure, but it was not good overall. Yikes. Double yikes.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Caroline Divine said...

We miss you too!

7:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home