Saturday, January 13, 2007

More Recommendations

Who was the darling person who wrote to ask about skin care alternatives to Almay?

PeaceBang doesn't recall -- she's been too busy trying to entice a striped menace to EAT, already, EAT-- but she must say that she has never been impressed by Almay. The make-up colors are too lightly pigmented to do any good, and the much-vaunted hypoallergenic doesn't seem to assure that the products won't itch and irritate.

PeaceBang does like their petroleum-based eye make-up remover, which is probably nothing more than Vaseline in a pretty tube, and which PB only uses for removing very powerful waterproof mascaras.

Darling Itchy-Face, do try Aveeno products. PeaceBang has very easily irritated skin and is a big fan of their sensitive skin line.

On another product entirely, PeaceBang has tried the incredibly famous Neutrogena Shimmer Sheer product and is TOTALLY unimpressed and disappointed. It looks like a whole lotta nothing on the eye, but I'll try it on my skin tomorrow. I think it would be an absolute waste of time on the lips.
So much for the promise of a great three-in-one product. Sheesh, ya can't even tell it's on!

Thanks for the Shoe.com sale tip, Lizard!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Leap of Faith said...

C'est moi - Regarding Almay. Thanks for the recommendation for Aveeno. My darling husband, whose very itchy skin calls for mucho body lotion, swears by it. I will check out their facial moisturizer when I run out of Kiss My Face in the super-cheap $6.50 jug from Whole Foods. So far, no burning eyes (think the coal dust scene from "Angela's Ashes"). When I checked the Almay moisturizer bottle, it did say in wee letters at the very bottom, "No contact with eyes" - now why, I ask you, would you make something for your face that couldn't make contact with your eyes? Sheesh.
Thanks - LOVE the blog -
Rev. Gidget
Who Enjoyed Japanese Lunch With You At Revival! In NYC.

P.S. I hope your striped friend eats soon. Must be awful.

11:40 PM  
Blogger MadPriest said...

Happy Birthday PeaceBang from everybody at Of Course, I Could Be Wrong. Thanks for making religion more gorgeous.

5:59 PM  
Blogger Caroline Divine said...

Hee, hee, it's my fault, I told him. I love MadPriest. All hail to loony Brits. Where, I ask you, would we be without them?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PB! May your skin glow for many years and may your makeup cabinet and your heart never be empty.

Love,
Caroline

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wouldn't have pegged you for a Capricorn, PB. An Aquarian, mebbee, or a Taurus (all those luscious products). Happy birthday anyway from all of your fans.

Just another shout out here for Kiss My Face products. I have the most finicky skin in the world (sensitive, itchy, and still prone to breakouts), but their Chinese Botanical Moisturizer has never given me problems, and their Obsessively Organic foaming hand soap even works on my face!

9:09 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almay is no more hypoallergenic than any other cosmetic. It's just cheap Revlon repackaged and sold at twice the price.

Every line of cosmetics owned by Revlon contains identical products. The only differences are the price and the fragrances they add to make the more expensive lines seem better. And, of course, the packaging.

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home