Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Cat Update

For those of you who care (and we're very grateful that you do):

She is breathing well. She grooms herself a lot. She seems very happy. She came to the door to greet me tonight; a first since she came home.
She is sleeping a lot but not all the time. She is extremely snuggly and likes to be near me, but is getting more independent and more like her Sass Factory self.
She plays with her cotton "snake" when I dangle it in front of her.
She takes her meds obediently and then stays in my lap for kisses and praise.

The only bad news is that she doesn't eat unless I warm up some very cheap, stinky food and put it right under her nose on my finger. I feed her bite by bite and then she walks away, and then I coax her into a few more bites. She's eating about 3-4 teaspoons of food a day, and as many treats as I can get into her. She is not drinking very much but I can trick her into lapping up some water if I put tuna juice in it and place it right under her nose.

We are going to X-ray her lungs again when I'm home from vacation.

I really do thank you for your prayers and support. It's been extremely touching. If not for friends I wouldn't even have known how to get some food into her.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Miss Kitty said...

Blessings to you and Erm, PB. You're still in my thoughts & prayers. My tabby kitties mean a lot to me, too...they taught me all about how to properly rock the Cleopatra eyeliner look.

10:36 PM  
Blogger zorra said...

I'm repeating myself from your other blog, but I'm so glad she's home.

11:19 PM  
Blogger opinionated said...

I'm so glad she's better.

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home