Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Beauty Buyble: 2007 Edition

You know that dance they do at some extremely booze-soaked wedding receptions where the bridesmaids all get on their backs and writhe on the floor, and you as the sober clergyperson look on with a detached and amused air, when really you just want to get the heck out of there before someone tears their dress and the whole situation becomes a tragic Festival of Inappropriate Sharing ? I think it's called The Worm. Or The Cockroach. Or the Inebriated Bridesmaid. I'm sure one of you will remember.

Well, PeaceBang just did that dance when she opened a package from a friend and reader that contained The Beauty Buyble: The Best Beauty Products !!!

It's even the 2007 edition! Not even 2006!!

The gals who wrote this totally know what they're doing and they've packaged the book in this enormous pink Barbie-looking box with FREE PRODUCT SAMPLES and PeaceBang has so much to do tonight she can only say DAMN YOU KIM HAMPTON!! HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO GET ANYTHING DONE NOW? You know I want to head STRAIGHT TO THE PARLOR TO READ THIS BOOK ALL NIGHT!

I don't even care if the title is blasphemous and if the authors write their own version of the Ten Commandments (that was saucy of you, ladies!). I am the grinnin'est fool of all time right now.
I so needed this.

Kim, you rock. And you probably didn't even know that Sunday is MY BIRTHDAY.

Ya'll can get your own copy here http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0060851635/bookstorenow69-20
but it won't come in a fun big pink box with PREZZIES!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had forgotten your birthday, but my mother's birthday was Monday.

Plus.....I misspelled indescribable. What was I thinking?!?!?!

2:26 PM  
Blogger Leap of Faith said...

I was stung by Almay! I've been looking for a substitute moisturizer, since I've run out of my Clinique, and was hoping to find something cheaper. (Almay's eyebrow pencil comes in good colors for light-haired gals and doesn't waste as much as Clinique's, which breaks off every time you #@@!! sharpen it. I also LOVE Almay's eye-make-up remover pads, which take it off in a flash and don't blur my vision for bedtime reading. But I digress.) I freely shmeared the stuff on my face as I'm used to doing, and my eyes felt like they were going to burn out of my head! I hate to waste $10, so I'll use it more carefully - but can you recommend something that doesn't do this?

5:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

PB,
I just heard about this website on a local (San Francisco Bay area) TV show. y\You were the first person, I thought of to share it with.

www.buymebeauty.com
Bonnie

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home