Thursday, April 12, 2007

Cro Magnon No More!


Cro Magnon
Originally uploaded by Peacebang.
Ah-HA! I have figured out a crafty way around Blogger problems! I will post directly through Flickr and be foiled no more!

Anyway, look how nice this man looks after having his brows waxed. No more scowly, Cro-Magnony face! Think how this could open your face in the pulpit, fellas!

I'm sure it's easy as pie to find a waxing product for gents in your local pharmacy or to walk into any salon and have it done. Tell them you don't want the ends too pointy 'cause you're not Jake Gyllenhaal and you don't need to be quite *that* groomed. It will cost you $15 and take about five minutes.

As for the male reader who wrote me recently to express his horror that I would recommend maintaining a smooth-shaven face when it costs him a tremendous sacrifice of ease and comfort to do so, I would like to say-- Darling, Easter is over. Get off the Cross. And besides, your female colleagues who daily strap themselves into brassieres, panty hose and other constraining undergarments in the effort to look polished and presentable have already cornered the market on martyrdom. So step off, brother preacher man, or I'll make you spend one whole Sunday in my heels and you'll never complain about shaving again.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Call me crazy, but I think the "before" guy is hot. However I am so stealing this line:

"Easter is over. Get off the Cross."

9:36 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oh, the before guy is hot--he just shouldn't step into the pulpit looking like that. Into the bar, sure.

-m

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second photograph simply deemphasizes more traditionally "masculine" features. He's definitely not better looking in the second, more "feminized" iteration. That's probably a matter of taste. I'm not even convinced he necessarily looks more, um, ministerial in the second picture....

1:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup, I agree, nothing necessarily more "ministerial" about the second photo; the waxing and plucking have made him more "feminized."
He could have simply given himself a better shave, and no problem.
Some people can get away with the less shaven look...he doesn't look threatening at all in the first photo.

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I personally wish we had a little more light thrown onto the touchy subject of male eyebrow waxing! Yes, it hurts when those strips come off, but please, have pity on those of us who have to look at your scraggly unibrowed self! You have such pretty eyes--let's see them! Sheesh. Get 'em, PB. :)

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This lad went from West Side Story (that dates me) to choirboy in those B&A photos. I think the big change was trimming up the sideburns. Many barbers will trim eyebrows when asked -- so it may not even require going in to a salon for men who have never ventured into a female clientel salon.
A Woman of the Cloth

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home