Thursday, April 12, 2007

He Waxes His Own Brows

Lovely ones,

PeaceBang is having such a FUN week in the financial sense. Just one day after writing nice juicy checks to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Internal Revenue Service, PeaceBang learned that her car needs front and back brake pads and rotors and an alignment, all to the dissonant tune of $950. Ack. Blag.
Also, it happens to be about 36 degrees and sleeting right now.
AND the Sox lost last night, and I couldn't even hate the Mariners because they actually played an awesome defense, and their pitcher ruled.

While PeaceBang is tempted to impale herself on a sharp piece of dark chocolate left over from an enormous Easter egg given her by dear congregants, she will manage to find the Strength To Go On. Because, really, there was a bright spot in her morning. It happened when she noticed that her mechanic, a young man who has a terrific goatee and crazy hair, has particularly beautiful eyebrows. So beautiful, in fact, that PeaceBang had to ask it. "Do you wax your eyebrows?" she inquired, teasingly. Our modest mechanic blushed in a manly way and declined to answer. And at that moment, PeaceBang knew that he was busted. "They're FABULOUS," she gushed, and then,"Who does them for you?"

"I do them myself," he gruffly offered, and then said, "Man, I'm outta here," barely managing to hide his smile as he stomped back to the garage. Meredith, the lovely receptionist, and I giggled madly.

So there you have it, gentlemen. If my mechanic can wax his eyebrows, so can you. I'll ask him what he uses when I go pick up my car later today.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Shaktidas said...

I feel your pain on the taxes... I'm in the same boat, sadly.

That's a great story! I've had my eyebrows waxed (and my eyelashes tinted) a few times, and I get some ribbing for this from my fellow Somewhat Butchy Lesbian friends. I feel your mechanic's pain too, come to think of it.

1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to read this! My younger brother, who inherited way too much hair from Dad, plucks his eyebrows to avoid that hedgerow look. I'll have to tell him that real mechanics wax their brows.

2:45 PM  
Blogger seethroughfaith said...

eyebrows waxed... waiting to hear more :D

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What is eyebrow waxing? Never heard of it. What does it do for the waxee? You must explain for monkish clarics.

6:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, The Strength To Go On - I need it, too! Clergy taxes...grrr! It's almost enough to drive me to conservatism...

7:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's particularly painful to go broke paying taxes when you consider who gets to spend them. Aaargh. And considering how much I pay in self-employment tax, I'd BETTER be getting some social security in 25 years. They bring that "oops, we ran out of cash" argument to me and I'm organizing a clergy invasion of the US Treasury.

As for the mechanic, I hope you're going to offer to help him. He sounds cute!

And, finally, I knew you were a woman of taste and your support for the Sox proves it!

8:37 PM  
Blogger Caroline Divine said...

Red Sox Nation is long and wide! (I wore my Sox t-shirt around Berkeley in the days when I lived there -- it wasn't hard to be a Sox fan in the East Bay, since both Sox and A's fans hate the Yankees ;-)) It's North, it's West, it's East, and yes darlins, it is here in the South. Hallelujah! Now let's hope they win a few. But we are faithful no matter what.

Yours in spring fever,

Caroline Divine in the South where A HUGE CHUNK OF THE PEACH CROP JUST GOT RUINED BY THE COLD SNAP (see this, where you can also find the link to this evening's heart-breaker of an "All Things Considered" story)

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home